The base of the Y&S x Coordonné collections is always natural fibre, and linen in particular is our favourite material for four main reasons:
- It is the oldest textile fibre in the world (there are remains which date back to 8,000 BC) and it symbolises nobility and elegance.
- It is a material which is 100% ethical, as it is cultivated and transformed under ecological parameters where chemical products and irrigation are not used.
- It is a healthy, hypoallergenic and antibacterial fabric which is pleasant in any season: it is isolating in winter and fresh and breathable in summer.
- It is highly resistant and durable. It is a fabric which will last a lifetime.
- (We include 5 collections inspired by the Tuscan countryside in Italy, captured during a trip made by artist Coqui Ybarra.)